Monday, March 26, 2012

What did I get myself into?

Right now, I am applying to part time jobs. I am taking a full course load + writing a thesis. I am really excited about this one epidemiology course I am taking about drug safety. Anyways, I am working a part time job and I am volunteering. I am really excited for all the things I will be doing but where is the time.

One thing that would make this all better is finding a job I can work at while completing my requirements. This would be a huge relief and I can focus on what I want to do. Given the job market, you have to apply to so many jobs to get a response. Personally, I like to find a contact that works where I am applying but I am in a new city for my masters. This has proven more difficult to do than it has in the past for me. In addition, everyone wants a personalized resume and cover letter. I calculated the time it takes for me to do this. It takes an hour to write a tailored resume and cover letter for 1 job. This is a full time job in itself.

I am going to have to find a way to apply to all these jobs so I can pay for my premed classes. At the same time, I have to study intensely for my courses and complete a publishable thesis.

These next few months will be a true test of my time management skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment